If you haven’t yet updated to the latest version of SARS e@syFile we would like to recommend that you do so as soon as possible to avoid rejections and submission failures. This article highlights the procedure to follow to update to Version 7.16 and we highlight some known issues to be mindful of.
How to install SARS e@syFile Employer Version 7.16
- Go to Control Panel in Windows.
- Click on Programs.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Find e@syFile Employer and e@syFile FW and proceed to uninstall.
- Uninstall all the versions of Java that can be found in Control Panel.
- Download the e@syFile software from the www.sarsefiling.co.za by clicking on the e@syFile for Employers image/icon. Important: Select Save As and not Run when the download starts.
- Go to the location where you have saved the software and double click on the file you have downloaded.
- Proceed to install.
- Install Java when prompted to install Java.
Please note: This will place two SARS e@syFile icons on your desktop. One named FW(Form Viewer) and then the normal SARS e@syFile Employer icon. Click on the normal SARS e@syFile Employer icon to open and use e@syFile.
Important note on the Form Viewer: Once you have installed SARS e@syFile Version 7.16, you will need to do the following in order for the Form Viewer to work.
- Login to SARS e@syFile Version 7.16.
- Go to Utilities.
- Go to the System Configuration Tab.
- Click on Install.
Known Issues on SARS e@syFile Version 7.16:
- The “Reg” button does not currently work.
- You are unable to capture any certificates with Directives and Directive Source Codes as an error occurs.
- When capturing a new Employee that is a Company or CC you are unable to select “E” like before, as it does not accept “E” as a nature of a person. This is contrary to what the latest SARS BRS specification documentation specifies.
- There is an issue with any Disc Submission uploads. They are currently not uploading.
The date of release of a new version addressing these issues is currently unknown.